Guidelines for abstract submissions for VICS 2017
Abstract submissions for the Victorian Integrated Cancer Services 3rd VICS Conference are now open.
The Organising Committee invites you to submit an abstract for consideration as an oral or poster presentation at the VICS 2017 conference in Melbourne, Australia. Please read the following information carefully before submitting your abstract.
Please note: All accepted abstracts will be published electronically pending author’s adherence to the submission criteria below.
The conference key dates are as follows:
|Registration Opens||Now Open|
|Author Notification||16 March 2017|
|Author Registration Deadline||30 March 2017|
|Early Bird Registration Deadline||30 March 2017|
To download the abstract submission guidelines in PDF format please click here.
Instructions for preparing and formatting your abstract
Each participant is entitled to submit multiple abstracts. All abstracts that are not selected for an oral presentation will automatically be considered for poster presentations.
- Please submit the body of the abstract by attaching a Microsoft Word document (.docx or .doc). The file should contain the body text of the abstract and references ONLY.
- Do not include the title of your abstract or author names and affiliations in this document. Please note that the abstract title, authors, affiliations and contact details will be automatically generated from the data entered in eOrganiser during the submission process and used to complete your abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Maximum number of words for the body of the abstract cannot exceed 300 words, over a maximum one A4 page
(Please note: The online system eOrganiser may extend your submission to two pages automatically, this is acceptable formatting).
- To assist your preparation, abstracts may be structured under the sub-heading: Aims; Methods; Results; Conclusions. The sub-headings must be concise, with only the first word starting with a capital letter.
- Abstract text: Arial, 12 point, Symbol can also be used for Greek letters. Text should be single spaced and be left justified, with one single line between paragraphs.
- Abbreviations should not be used in the title. Abbreviations, other than those that form part of standard nomenclature, should be defined in full at the point of first mention in the abstract body.
- Please check your abstract text carefully for typographical, grammatical and other errors. The Program Committee takes no responsibility for errors in Abstract content.
- Please note that references will be included in the 300 word count limit.
If including references please use the following format:
- Surname, A.B.; Surname, C.D.; Surname, E.F. Aust. J. Chem. 2016, 69, 1 – 101
- Hadlington, T.J.; Hermann, M.; Frenking, G.; Jones, C. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 3028-3031.
- Click on the button below these instructions to complete the abstract submission form. It will be necessary to upload the .docx or .doc copy of your of your abstract text.
NOTE: Please print a copy of the abstract submission form for your records prior to clicking ‘upload’.Abstract text: Arial, 12 point, Symbol can also be used for Greek letters.
Abstracts not conforming to the above instructions cannot be accepted.
The body text is uploaded during the online abstract submission process. The title, author references and affiliation details will automatically update upon submission completion. There is no need to include these details in your word document.
Instructions for submitting your abstract in eOrganiser
1. Click here to commence your abstract submission through eOrganiser. Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author and will only be accepted via eOrganiser in the above format.
2. Click the green ‘Create an Author Account’ button on the bottom right hand side of screen.
3. After completing your author account details you will be sent an email to verify your account for login. Please remember your account password in case you need to access it again to make any changes to your submission.
4. Once logged-in, click the green ‘Submit Abstract’ button to access the submission page.
5. Enter your paper title in the ‘Paper Details’ section.
6. Upload your the body text, including embedded illustrations and references in a .doc or .docx format.
7. Enter names of all authors in the correct order, ensuring you indicate the presenting author for the abstract.
8. Select the theme from the list provided that you would like your abstract submitted under.
9. Ensure you review your abstract prior to submission.
10. Abstracts must be received by 17 February 2017. Late submissions will not be accepted.
VICS 2017 Sub-themes for submission
Upon submission you will be asked to select a sub-theme for submission from the following list:
- Are patients always getting the best treatment options?
- From home to hospital and back: partnerships in primary care, supportive care and survivorship
- Using research and data to improve services
- Listening to patients to influence better care
- Optimal practice in cancer palliative care
If your abstract is accepted for an oral presentation, the Program Committee might recommend a different submission theme that the one selected at the time of submission. This will be communicated to you via email.
Notification of acceptances
Notifications of acceptance will be sent via email to the submitting author by 16 March 2017.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the electronic Conference proceedings. The Conference will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
Please note: The online abstract submission system eOrganiser might alter your formatting slightly to remain consistent with all other papers submitted. This is the acceptable format for submission. If you have any questions please contact the Conference Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your abstractSubmit your abstract